SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We are committed for safeguarding and protecting children in our programmes by having zero tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to provide a safe environment for staff and children, young people and adults with whom we work, where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations fostered by building organisational systems, capacity, and awareness on PSHEA (prevention and protection against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) guidelines. All our co-workers are obliged to follow our policy on Child Safeguarding and Protection, PSHEA and Code of Conduct. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
- Ensure adherence of financial guidelines in IO- Asia & Member Association (MAs) (i.e. Countries) and mitigate the risk by identifying, auditing & analysing risk areas.
- Support assigned MAs to provide financial & accounting information for stakeholders.
- Participate and share Integrity and compliance concept in Regional Office and Region Asia.
- Provide support to Director Finance & Controlling in framing, auditing and monitoring of the Compliance Framework in Regional Office and Region Asia.
- The incumbent will report to ‘Director Finance & Controlling - Asia.
Location: International Office Region-Asia, Faridabad, India or Asian MAs, i.e. countries, where SOS Children’s Villages is located.
Duration: Fixed term employment
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To support and participate in the development & implementation of financial policies in MAs and provide its timely update.
- To support MAs in Budgeting process (quality assurance of budgets & monitor budget execution) and to provide updated financial information.
- Check the quality of MA’s financial data by providing data of programme plans and proposals in financial aspect.
- To support in internal audits of assigned MAs.
- To support in capacity building of finance staff in MAs.
- To support in finalizing the annual financial statements in close cooperation with external audit firms.
- To support MAs in maintaining the financial liquidity within the MA and to help in finalizing the liquidity planning system.
- To evaluate and advice on legal and compliance issues, such as data protection, privacy, common law, taxation, risk analysis.
- Provide support for various compliance documents and forms including annual filing to the local authorities in a timely manner.
- To maintain and update the statutory registers and records under the local laws as applicable.
- To make sure that all Member Associations are conducting its financial activities in full compliance with all national and international rules and regulations, as well as adhere to global standards and guidelines.
- Identification and documentation of good practices and related knowledge sharing.
- To ensure timely preparation of all required financial MIS, and design and monitor the MIS framework for the organization.
- To direct and coordinate all finance function activities in the organization, ensuring judicious utilization of funds, minimization of financial risk, adherence to budgets and cost saving as well as compliance with regulatory norms.
- To ensure compliance on legal matters concerning RBI, ROC and other government regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum required qualification is Master Degree in Finance CA/CS/LAW/MBA, Finance will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of financial laws & policies in India.
- Should have minimum experience of 6-8 years in Finance.
- Knowledge of NPO compliances such as FCRA, RBI, Income Tax and ROC will be preferred.
Essential Values, Behaviours and Skills:
- Good analytical and problem solving, financial trouble shooting and audit experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to work in multicultural & multi-linguistic environment
- Team oriented.
- Good computer skills.
- Willing to travel National/International as and when required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will match industry standards.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your detailed application.